Balls to it. Batballs to it.
Bleeding Cool reported in good faith the rumour that Batman director Joel Schumacher and Dustin Nguyen were working on a comic book to revisit Schumacher’s original plans for a Batman movie trilogy, Batman Forever, Batman & Robin and Batman Triumphant, in a twelve-issue Batman comic for DC Comics.
Fantastic as it sounded, it tallied with Schumacher’s recent resurgence in talking about the films, something he had stopped doing of late.
It was a good source, with a checked out provenance, but people involved didn’t respond to enquiries. So I went with it. And then at the London Screenwriter’s Festival, this happened.
— Simon Underwood (@SiFoulaReel) October 27, 2014
Ah balls to it. Either he’s playing his cards very close to his chest, or that’s a dead one.
Shame. Maybe one day.
Nguyen is currently working on a new Image Comics series Descender with Jeff Lemire, which should keep him nice and busy.
You know, we do get them wrong every now and then. This looks like one of them.
- Sherlock Holmes And John Watson – A Boy, His Bear And Endless Adventures - January 16, 2017
- The Bleeding Cool Dad & Kid Reviews: LadyCastle #1, Bad Machinery: The Case of the Unknown Visitor - January 15, 2017
- Yes, That Was Paul Weller In Tonight’s Series Finale Of Sherlock (No Spoilers) - January 15, 2017
- Lying In The Gutters – 15th January 2017 – Concern About The Comic Book National Debt - January 15, 2017
- Bleeding Cool Bestseller List – 15th January 2016 – “DC Continues To Sell Circles Around Marvel” - January 15, 2017