Final Order Cut-Off is a Diamond Comic Distributor system in which retailers can amend their orders for comic books closer to publication date, without penalty. Publishers like DC, Marvel, Image, Dark Horse, IDW, Boom and more often tailor their PR campaigns to the FOC-date of many products, including suddenly adding a variant cover to a comic to push those last minute FOC sales, or suddenly adding a new discount for higher orders.
Well, new to the line-up of publishers from next year is Archie Comics. Which, given the direct-market appeal of Afterlife With Archie, Life With Archie, Kevin Keller, the recent Chilling Adventures Of Sabrina and the upcoming Archie Vs. Predator makes a lot of sense, with retailers able to match demand for Archie comics closer to the date of sale, rather than having to make guesses three months ahead.
And on that topic of Archie Vs. Predator, I understand from chats at NYCC that there was a little censorship of a pinup with a Predator holding Jughead’s head aloft on a pole… Archie requested that the artist removed Archie’s spine, waving in the breeze….
- They Destroyed the Moon – What Have the Justice League Done to the Earth? (Justice League #6 Spoilers) - August 15, 2018
- The Deaths and Rebirths of Infinity War #2 That Even the Characters Don’t Believe (Spoilers) - August 15, 2018
- The Deaths of Extermination #1 – And A Brand New Revamp Of One Character (Spoilers) - August 15, 2018
- The Return to the Underwear-Outside-Trousers Explained in Batman #53 (SPOILERS) - August 15, 2018
- Batman: Damned Preview by Brian Azzarello and Lee Bermejo – John Constantine Prefers Batman to Superman - August 15, 2018