And one of them was The Woods by Batman writer James Tynion IV. Boom’s best original series launch since Waid’s Irredeemable, itself broken by George Perez‘ Sirens.
With a nicked-from-Image Comics first collection for $9.99 price point, and a new Tynion project in Memetic also looking to launch large, I understand that Boom will be committing to publish The Woods until its planned conclusion in a number of years time.
This is hoped will redefine the book in the public’s eye, as something akin to Transmetropolitan, Sandman, Preacher, Scalped or Fables.
And at NYCC, I expect that we’ll get the number of issues. 25? 36? 60? How deep do these woods go?
- Boom’s Firefly #1 Has Pre-Orders of 57,291 Copies – Any More For Any More? - October 23, 2018
- Victor Gorelick Does Not Pay Tribute to Archie’s Co-CEO Nancy Silberkleit - October 23, 2018
- NYCC Goss: What’s Up With The Inhumans Then? - October 23, 2018
- NYCC Goss: Sorry, Jane Foster Isn’t Getting Her Own Comic Book? - October 23, 2018
- NYCC Goss: Charles Soule – From Daredevil to Star Wars - October 23, 2018