Earlier in the year, Bleeding Cool reported on the news that the BBC were adapting Neil Gaiman‘s novel The Anansi Boys into a TV series. Back then Gaiman said,
Other TV news also came to fruition today, although I do not have anywhere to link you to, so you will have to take my word for it: Anansi Boys is going to be made into a TV miniseries in the UK, by RED, for the BBC.
Well, Neil Gaiman was Skyping to the Bangalore Comic Con, Bleeding Cool reader Akshay asked about the status of the adaptation.
He gave me the best answer possible with a resounding “Yes!” and a deep nod as he confirmed a multi part mini-series of hour long episodes is in the works AND it’s not being given the Hollywood treatment and is being made in the UK! Best news all week!
There you go folks! Multi-part hour-long – and that’s without ads too…
- London Film and Comic Con 2018 Launches Its First Comics Symposium - July 18, 2018
- In Memory of Harlan Ellison: Michael Davis’s ‘The City on the Edge of Forever, Whitney, Martha & Apple Sauce – Straight No Chaser #339’ - July 17, 2018
- Dean Haspiel’s Red Hook Continues Free at LINE Webtoons with Starcross – Previewed Here - July 17, 2018
- Rock Candy Mountain’s Kyle Starks and Chris Schweizer Create Mars Attacks Comic for Dynamite - July 17, 2018
- John Jackson Miller and Daniel HDR Launch 35-Cent Battlestar Galactica #0 in October from Dynamite - July 17, 2018