Earlier in the year, Bleeding Cool reported on the news that the BBC were adapting Neil Gaiman‘s novel The Anansi Boys into a TV series. Back then Gaiman said,
Other TV news also came to fruition today, although I do not have anywhere to link you to, so you will have to take my word for it: Anansi Boys is going to be made into a TV miniseries in the UK, by RED, for the BBC.
Well, Neil Gaiman was Skyping to the Bangalore Comic Con, Bleeding Cool reader Akshay asked about the status of the adaptation.
He gave me the best answer possible with a resounding “Yes!” and a deep nod as he confirmed a multi part mini-series of hour long episodes is in the works AND it’s not being given the Hollywood treatment and is being made in the UK! Best news all week!
There you go folks! Multi-part hour-long – and that’s without ads too…
- The Daily LITG – 16th November 2018 – Self Made Heroes - November 16, 2018
- Marvel Cancels All Of Star Wars: Shadow Of Vader by Chuck Wendig - November 15, 2018
- Fantastic Four #6 Jumps to a 60 Page Story – and Two Dollars More - November 15, 2018
- Stan Lee Tribute to Run on Marvel Comics Covers in December and January - November 15, 2018
- Chip Zdarsky and Marco Checchetto Relaunch Daredevil #1 in February - November 15, 2018