The scuttlebutt from sources in Detroit is that one of the Batmobile models being used in the filming of Batman Vs. Superman has gone missing, believed stolen.
It would not be the first time a Batmobile has been nicked in Detroit. Though that was just a $200 replica of the TV Series version back in 2o10.
Anyway, if you are driving around and get overtaken by this…
…do get in touch.
Warner Bros representatives did not respond to inquiries.
UPDATE: Okay, well we didn’t expect that to happen. The story above got picked up by far more serious news organisations such as CBS who ought to know better. Thankfully the Detroit Free Press were on hand to scotch the story.
Detroit police spokesman Sgt. Michael Woody said that police confirmed with producers of “Batman v. Superman: Dawn of Justice” that the vehicle has not been stolen, a rumor that proliferated on the web and social media on Friday.
“The Batmobile is safe in the Batcave where it belongs,” Woody said.
Unless… there are more than one Batmobile being used for filming. Maybe…?
- Entering The Spill Zone With Scott Westerfeld Ahead Of Free Comic Book Day - April 29, 2017
- Ten Thoughts About Doctor Who: On Thin Ice – From Black Jesus To Punching Nazis - April 29, 2017
- Comic Creators At Ru Paul’s Drag Con, In Los Angeles This Weekend - April 29, 2017
- Separated At Birth – Moonstruck And Brave Chef Brianna? - April 29, 2017
- No, Calgary, Wonder Woman Isn’t Published By Marvel Comics… - April 29, 2017