The scuttlebutt from sources in Detroit is that one of the Batmobile models being used in the filming of Batman Vs. Superman has gone missing, believed stolen.
It would not be the first time a Batmobile has been nicked in Detroit. Though that was just a $200 replica of the TV Series version back in 2o10.
Anyway, if you are driving around and get overtaken by this…
…do get in touch.
Warner Bros representatives did not respond to inquiries.
UPDATE: Okay, well we didn’t expect that to happen. The story above got picked up by far more serious news organisations such as CBS who ought to know better. Thankfully the Detroit Free Press were on hand to scotch the story.
Detroit police spokesman Sgt. Michael Woody said that police confirmed with producers of “Batman v. Superman: Dawn of Justice” that the vehicle has not been stolen, a rumor that proliferated on the web and social media on Friday.
“The Batmobile is safe in the Batcave where it belongs,” Woody said.
Unless… there are more than one Batmobile being used for filming. Maybe…?
- Riz Ahmed And Billie Piper In Trailer For City Of Tiny Lights - January 19, 2017
- The Panels, Guest And Signing Schedules For 2000AD’s 40 Years Of Thrill-Power Festival Next Month - January 19, 2017
- Death’s Head Creators Hit Banbury, As Its Comic Con Returns - January 19, 2017
- Watchmen Lenticular Covers For Batman And Flash “The Button” Story Won’t Be In Previews – Retailers Have To Order Now - January 18, 2017
- Justice League/Mighty Morphin Power Rangers #1 Gets A Nice New Cover For Its Second Print… - January 18, 2017