The scuttlebutt from sources in Detroit is that one of the Batmobile models being used in the filming of Batman Vs. Superman has gone missing, believed stolen.
It would not be the first time a Batmobile has been nicked in Detroit. Though that was just a $200 replica of the TV Series version back in 2o10.
Anyway, if you are driving around and get overtaken by this…
…do get in touch.
Warner Bros representatives did not respond to inquiries.
UPDATE: Okay, well we didn’t expect that to happen. The story above got picked up by far more serious news organisations such as CBS who ought to know better. Thankfully the Detroit Free Press were on hand to scotch the story.
Detroit police spokesman Sgt. Michael Woody said that police confirmed with producers of “Batman v. Superman: Dawn of Justice” that the vehicle has not been stolen, a rumor that proliferated on the web and social media on Friday.
“The Batmobile is safe in the Batcave where it belongs,” Woody said.
Unless… there are more than one Batmobile being used for filming. Maybe…?
- Cover to X-Men Gold #31 Revealed – is it a Wedding Spoiler? - June 18, 2018
- Retailers Can Get a Hall of Justice Staff T-Shirt at San Diego Comic-Con - June 18, 2018
- The Top 500 Comics and Graphic Novels Ordered in May 2018 - June 18, 2018
- Fantagraphics to Finally Publish Conclusion of Gilbert Hernandez’ Maria M - June 18, 2018
- Now About Comics Publish Joseph Eichberger’s 1950’s Cartoons About Priests - June 18, 2018