The Action Comics #1 CGC 9.0 now up for auction on ebay has just hit $2,193,919.38, a new all time record which surpasses the $2.16 million mark that the Nicolas Cage Action Comics #1 9.0 copy set in 2011.
And showing that even the most serious comic book collectors have a sense of humor, a couple bidders have made a point of slipping the number sequence “1938” (the year that Action Comics #1 was published) in their bid amounts, such as the currently-leading $2,193,919.38 bid.
Ten pre-qualified bidders have bid in the auction so far, with several well-known dealers and collectors among them. Four bidders have pushed past the $2 million mark so far, which should make Sunday night very interesting indeed.
- Bryan Cranston Is The Red Power Ranger? You’re Goddamn Right - March 21, 2017
- Stan Lee Unable To Appear At Salt Lake Comic Con #FanX17 For Health Reasons - March 17, 2017
- There Is No Spoon? Zak Penn Takes To Twitter To Talk Matrix, And Why Reboot/Remake Don’t Apply - March 17, 2017
- As If: Clueless Becomes A Comic Book By Amber Benson, Sarah Kuhn, And Siobhan Keenan From Boom! - March 16, 2017
- Transformers: The Last Knight Preview Takes A Cue From Logan’s X-23 And Puts A Spotlight On Izzy… And Tie Bombers? - March 16, 2017