The Action Comics #1 CGC 9.0 now up for auction on ebay has just hit $2,193,919.38, a new all time record which surpasses the $2.16 million mark that the Nicolas Cage Action Comics #1 9.0 copy set in 2011.
And showing that even the most serious comic book collectors have a sense of humor, a couple bidders have made a point of slipping the number sequence “1938” (the year that Action Comics #1 was published) in their bid amounts, such as the currently-leading $2,193,919.38 bid.
Ten pre-qualified bidders have bid in the auction so far, with several well-known dealers and collectors among them. Four bidders have pushed past the $2 million mark so far, which should make Sunday night very interesting indeed.
- Another Take on The Hollywood Reporter Piece on Stan Lee’s Situation #StandByStan - April 10, 2018
- Why Do Russian Trolls Hate The Alienist? - April 4, 2018
- Is the Media Getting Suckered into Making Roseanne a Serious Post-Trump Presidential Candidate? - April 2, 2018
- Stan Lee v The Bloodsuckers - April 2, 2018
- Suspense Comics #3 and the Iconography of Fictional Hate - March 23, 2018