The Action Comics #1 CGC 9.0 now up for auction on ebay has just hit $2,193,919.38, a new all time record which surpasses the $2.16 million mark that the Nicolas Cage Action Comics #1 9.0 copy set in 2011.
And showing that even the most serious comic book collectors have a sense of humor, a couple bidders have made a point of slipping the number sequence “1938” (the year that Action Comics #1 was published) in their bid amounts, such as the currently-leading $2,193,919.38 bid.
Ten pre-qualified bidders have bid in the auction so far, with several well-known dealers and collectors among them. Four bidders have pushed past the $2 million mark so far, which should make Sunday night very interesting indeed.
- Science Fiction Author, Columnist, Researcher Jerry Pournelle Dead At 84 - September 9, 2017
- Was Charles Dickens The Man Who Invented Christmas? - September 5, 2017
- What If Tom Cruise Made A Good Movie And Nobody Noticed? - September 3, 2017
- Shazam Movie: What Do Dolph Lundgren, The King Of Sweden, and Doctor Snuggles Have To Do With It? - September 2, 2017
- Thor: Ragnarok’s Valkyrie – Tessa Thompson On Breaking The Cliche Of The “Unconsciously Sexy Badass” - September 2, 2017