The Action Comics #1 CGC 9.0 now up for auction on ebay has just hit $2,193,919.38, a new all time record which surpasses the $2.16 million mark that the Nicolas Cage Action Comics #1 9.0 copy set in 2011.
And showing that even the most serious comic book collectors have a sense of humor, a couple bidders have made a point of slipping the number sequence “1938” (the year that Action Comics #1 was published) in their bid amounts, such as the currently-leading $2,193,919.38 bid.
Ten pre-qualified bidders have bid in the auction so far, with several well-known dealers and collectors among them. Four bidders have pushed past the $2 million mark so far, which should make Sunday night very interesting indeed.
- What Does Epcot Announcement Mean For Guardians Of The Galaxy 4 And Beyond? - July 15, 2017
- Roswell, The Beginnings Of The UFO Craze And What It Has To Do With DC Comics - July 8, 2017
- Image Comics, Howard Chaykin Issue Apology, Pull Cover For Divided States Of Hysteria #4 - July 1, 2017
- The Secret Origin Of Spider-Man’s “Friendly Neighborhood” - June 26, 2017
- Did Somebody Say Madam Satan? Pep Comics #16 Heats Up At Auction - June 16, 2017