Marvel’s latest attempt to push their comic books into the mainstream, has seen Wal-Mart sell a series of exclusive trade paperbacks, geared to those familiar with the movies, all for $5 each. Their covers proclaim each is an “Exclusive Complete Graphic Novel” with a bonus free digital issue. One reader reports their placement on a standee beside copies of Sam Raimi‘s Spider-Man trilogy DVDs and Spider-Man animated DVDs.
Here’s what awaits you…
The Brian Bendis/John Romita Jr. relaunch of Avengers from 2011, a $20 book normally.
The Dan Slott/Humberto Ramos Amazing Spider-Man: Big Time story from 2011, a $15 book normally.
Last year’s relaunch of Brian Bendis and Steve McNiven’s Guardians Of The Galaxy, normally a $20 book.
And the classic Ed Brubaker/Steve Epting Captain America Winter Soldier story, normally a $25 book.
Our reader picked them all up for his nephews
But yes, no X-Men…
- Suicide Squad Has A Brand New Leader. But Amanda Waller Is Going To Make You Wait. - June 28, 2017
- DC Comics Allows Dark Nights: Metal #1 To Go On Sale From Midnight On Tuesday, August 15th - June 28, 2017
- Batman #24 Goes To Fourth Print For Marriage Proposal. #25 Goes To Second Print - June 28, 2017
- Preview Of Shirtless Bear-Fighter #2 Brings You… The Hillbilly Warlock - June 28, 2017
- So This Is Why They Call It “The Mount” – Sex Lives Of The Superheroes In Occupy Avengers #8 - June 28, 2017