Marvel’s latest attempt to push their comic books into the mainstream, has seen Wal-Mart sell a series of exclusive trade paperbacks, geared to those familiar with the movies, all for $5 each. Their covers proclaim each is an “Exclusive Complete Graphic Novel” with a bonus free digital issue. One reader reports their placement on a standee beside copies of Sam Raimi‘s Spider-Man trilogy DVDs and Spider-Man animated DVDs.
Here’s what awaits you…
The Brian Bendis/John Romita Jr. relaunch of Avengers from 2011, a $20 book normally.
The Dan Slott/Humberto Ramos Amazing Spider-Man: Big Time story from 2011, a $15 book normally.
Last year’s relaunch of Brian Bendis and Steve McNiven’s Guardians Of The Galaxy, normally a $20 book.
And the classic Ed Brubaker/Steve Epting Captain America Winter Soldier story, normally a $25 book.
Our reader picked them all up for his nephews
But yes, no X-Men…
- Changes To Batman #38: Tom King And Travis Moore To Tell The Origin Of Bruce Wayne - November 22, 2017
- New Darkness, Cyber Force, Aphrodite V To Join New Witchblade In 2018 - November 22, 2017
- Black Friday Comic Store Deals For 2017: Part One - November 22, 2017
- Titan Comics Launches Bloodborne And Alisik Fall In February 2018 Solicits - November 22, 2017
- Black Mask Comics Launches ‘The Wilds’ And ‘Come Into Me’ In February 2018 Solicits - November 22, 2017