Marvel’s latest attempt to push their comic books into the mainstream, has seen Wal-Mart sell a series of exclusive trade paperbacks, geared to those familiar with the movies, all for $5 each. Their covers proclaim each is an “Exclusive Complete Graphic Novel” with a bonus free digital issue. One reader reports their placement on a standee beside copies of Sam Raimi‘s Spider-Man trilogy DVDs and Spider-Man animated DVDs.
Here’s what awaits you…
The Brian Bendis/John Romita Jr. relaunch of Avengers from 2011, a $20 book normally.
The Dan Slott/Humberto Ramos Amazing Spider-Man: Big Time story from 2011, a $15 book normally.
Last year’s relaunch of Brian Bendis and Steve McNiven’s Guardians Of The Galaxy, normally a $20 book.
And the classic Ed Brubaker/Steve Epting Captain America Winter Soldier story, normally a $25 book.
Our reader picked them all up for his nephews
But yes, no X-Men…
- Bleeding Cool Bestseller List – 26th March 2017 – “Iron Fist Is Off To A Good Start But We Didn’t Sell A Single Issue Of Gamora” - March 26, 2017
- Gamma Trade Show- Pokemon Pre-Releases, TCGPlayer And The Popularity Of Star Wars Destiny - March 26, 2017
- Unboxing The Second Stan Lee Box For March 2017 - March 26, 2017
- Comic Book Artist Oliver Nome Has Passed Away - March 25, 2017
- Frank Cho’s Movie Poster For Scott Sava’s Animal Crackers Is A Comic Strip - March 25, 2017