Deadline.com is reporting that Devon Aoki (Sin City, 2 Fast 2 Furious) has been cast as Tatsu Yamashiro, a recurring guest role on the hit CW series Arrow. Fans of the comics know Tatsu as her code name and weapon of choice, Katana. The character, created by Mike W. Barr and Jim Aparo, appeared for the first time in Brave And The Bold #200 (July 1983) and became part of the Batman And The Outsiders title. She has appeared in animation on both the Brave And The Bold and Beware The Batman series as well as in the Batman/Superman: Public Enemies animated movie.
In the more recent Green Arrow comics, Oliver and Tatsu are both connected to a group of martial artist known as the Outsiders where the group is divide into clans based on their weapons of choice… i.e. Arrow Clan, Sword Clan, etc.
In Arrow, Tatsu will be part of the third seasons Hong Kong flashbacks and be seen as one of Oliver’s mentors and trainers on his path to becoming The Arrow. The third season will debut October 8th, 2014.
- Humpty Dumpty: Why Do We Think He Was an Egg? - January 20, 2018
- Flash Season 4: Is There a Speedster-Centric Episode This Season? - January 20, 2018
- Legends of Tomorrow Season 3: The Show is Casting a Young Barack Obama - January 20, 2018
- Black Lightning Repeat Beats New Episode of Crazy Ex-Girlfriend - January 20, 2018
- Agents of SHIELD Season 5, Episode 8 Recap: The Last Day - January 20, 2018