Inception reunion alert! Tom Hardy has officially joined the cast of Alejandro González Iñárritu’s Western revenge thriller The Revenant, which has Leonardo Dicaprio in the lead role.
Based on Michael Punke’s novel The Revenant: A Novel of Revenge, Dicaprio plays a fur trapper who is robbed and left for dead by his companions after a grisly grizzly bear attack. Of course, he survives, and begins to seek revenge from those who wronged him. It’s unclear who Hardy will play, but likely one of the aforementioned traitors. We’re the Millers star Will Poulter is also on board, and perhaps more importantly, so is cinematographer Emmanuel Lubezki, just coming off his Oscar win for Gravity.
Filming begins on September 22, with a Fall 2015 release planned.
- Fox Cancels Ancient Egypt Drama Hieroglyph Before It Even Airs - June 30, 2014
- David S. Goyer Developing Horror Novel Snowblind As Miniseries Adaptation - June 30, 2014
- Tom Hardy Joins Leonardo Dicaprio In The Revenant - June 30, 2014
- Bill Hader And Kristen Wiig Are The Skeleton Twins In First Trailer - June 30, 2014
- First Look At Henry Cavill As Clark Kent In Batman V Superman: Dawn Of Justice - June 30, 2014