Negotiations went down to the wire but Sony have now made a deal for a thirteen episode, sixth season of Community with Yahoo Screen, the web video streaming service. As of tomorrow the cast would have been free of their contracts and it might have been impossible, or at least expensive, to get them back.
I don’t know how Yahoo expect to make enough revenue here to pay for such an ambitious production. Sony will draw some of the budget from oversea sales, but all the same, this is bound to be a loss leader for Yahoo. For the first time ever, though, I’m talking about Yahoo Screen and so is everybody else. Maybe they’re very smart.
Anyway, there you go. Six seasons it is. A movie too? I wouldn’t hold my breath.
- Images From Ridley Scott’s New Biblical Epic, Exodus, With Christian Bale And Sigourney Weaver - July 1, 2014
- James Cameron Goes To The Bottom Of The Ocean In Trailer For Deepsea Challenge 3D - July 1, 2014
- London Getting The Guardians Of The Galaxy IMAX Preview Next Tuesday - July 1, 2014
- Footage From Studio Ghibli’s New Feature, When Marnie Was There - July 1, 2014
- Where The Avengers: Age Of Ultron Leaves The Hulk For Future Movies - July 1, 2014