Between playing Nelson Mandela in Mandela: Long Walk to Freedom and voicing a jaguar in The Jungle Book, Idris Elba is making a stop in Ghana, where he is filming True Detective director Cary Fukunaga’s next film, Beasts of No Nation, and the first photo has been released.
He plays a character just called Commandant, because the film is from the point of view of a young boy named Agu, conscripted into becoming a soldier in Commandant’s guerrilla military group after civil war breaks out in an unspecified West African country.
Not exactly light-hearted stuff, but it’s Elba, and it’s Fukunaga, so it’s definitely a must-watch.
- Fox Cancels Ancient Egypt Drama Hieroglyph Before It Even Airs - June 30, 2014
- David S. Goyer Developing Horror Novel Snowblind As Miniseries Adaptation - June 30, 2014
- Tom Hardy Joins Leonardo Dicaprio In The Revenant - June 30, 2014
- Bill Hader And Kristen Wiig Are The Skeleton Twins In First Trailer - June 30, 2014
- First Look At Henry Cavill As Clark Kent In Batman V Superman: Dawn Of Justice - June 30, 2014