Ridley Scott has chosen his next directorial vehicle, and… it’s not Prometheus 2, according to writer Simon Kinberg, who told Jeff Goldberg during a podcast (via The Playlist).
Instead, Scott will be directing Matt Damon in The Martian this fall. He replaced Drew Goddard in the director’s chair of the film about an astronaut who’s stranded on Mars and must use his survival skills to live long enough to be rescued. It’s supposed to be more like Castaway than Gravity.
However, with The Martian set for a 2015 release and the Prometheus sequel set for 2016, it’s looking increasingly unlikely that Scott could possibly do both, and if he’s already chosen The Martian…
- Fox Cancels Ancient Egypt Drama Hieroglyph Before It Even Airs - June 30, 2014
- David S. Goyer Developing Horror Novel Snowblind As Miniseries Adaptation - June 30, 2014
- Tom Hardy Joins Leonardo Dicaprio In The Revenant - June 30, 2014
- Bill Hader And Kristen Wiig Are The Skeleton Twins In First Trailer - June 30, 2014
- First Look At Henry Cavill As Clark Kent In Batman V Superman: Dawn Of Justice - June 30, 2014