When The Flash premieres on the CW this October it’s going to take a Tuesday slot. Some might be surprised to see that the network isn’t pairing the show with Wednesday night’s Arrow and trying to get a boost that way.
Well, CW do see the value here because, for the first two weeks at least, The Flash is going to be repeated on the next night, right after Arrow.
It goes like this:
- Tuesday October 7th, 8pm: premiere of the first episode of The Flash
- Wednesday October 8th, 8pm: season premiere of Arrow
- Wednesday October 8th, 9pm: repeat presentation of the first episode of The Flash
- Tuesday October 14th, 8pm: second episode of The Flash
- Wednesday October 8th, 8pm: second episode of new season of Arrow
- Wednesday October 8th, 9pm: repeat presentation of the second episode of The Flash
They want us to watch it.
We were going to anyway, of course. For at least those two weeks. And, you know, we’re fully aware of how to work those online catch-up services. But thanks for the thought anyway.
And… um… I don’t want to promote “those things,” but wasn’t Rich saying something about everybody having a chance to see the pilot already? Maybe it was a deliberate CW leak to get us all on the hook? Yeah, that’ll be it. Obviously.
So… when Blue Beetle joins the line-up next year (cough), are the CW going to triple-stack their heroes in this same way?