I’ll refrain from making an “I’ll be back” joke or doing Schwarzenegger impressions in badly rendered spelling. In all seriousness, an astonishing book is on the way from Dark Horse, the Gallery Edition of artwork from Robocop Vs. The Terminator by Frank Miller and Walter Simonson, two legends of the comics medium. At twenty years since the first publication of the four-part series, Dark Horse are releasing both a Gallery Edition and a hardback graphic novel of the series that’s based on the premise that the technology that built Robocop is actually the inception of the fateful Skynet system also.
This book is also significant because it’s the first of Dark Horse’s new format of Gallery Editions, reprinting Simonson’s artwork at “full size” for the first time. It also contains process artwork from Simonson with his original pencil drawings. The mind boggles.
And here we have a special preview just for Bleeding Cool of some of those celebrated pages:
Dark Horse is releasing the hardback graphic novel edition on July 2nd and the Gallery Edition on July 9th, so you don’t have long to wait to experience this phenomenon up close and personal.
- Giant Robots, Ninja Turtles, Monster Motors And More – Talking With Nick Roche - October 26, 2015
- Processing The Troop: Behind The Page With Joshua Cassara - October 26, 2015
- What Bengal Wants: More Wolverine Covers & Work With Rick Remender - October 23, 2015
- A Story That Keeps You Coming Back For More – We Stand On Guard So Far (#1-4) - October 23, 2015
- ‘Let’s Start A System Where The Creators Get Most Of The Money’ – David Lloyd Talks ACES Weekly - October 23, 2015