Hopefully most comic fans know that Heroes Con running this weekend in Charlotte, North Carolina, is a show that holds a special place in the history of conventions and still grows from the same art-driven roots that have always enabled it to thrive. Like Baltimore Comic Con, it has a massive artists alley, but uniquely also has its own Indie Island and the talent this year is, well, quite simply dazzling. From Yanick Paquette to the Hernandez Brothers, from Rafael Albuquerque to Jeff Smith and Francesco Francavilla, and that’s only a few.
So my opening shots of Heroes Con in my home state of North Carolina (have motive, will travel) are all about the artists. The low key environment and genuinely art-driven attention of the fans enables artists to do plenty of commissions and writers to do plenty of signings, and all to chat to one another in a place that celebrates the craft of comics and will no doubt continue to do.
- Giant Robots, Ninja Turtles, Monster Motors And More – Talking With Nick Roche - October 26, 2015
- Processing The Troop: Behind The Page With Joshua Cassara - October 26, 2015
- What Bengal Wants: More Wolverine Covers & Work With Rick Remender - October 23, 2015
- A Story That Keeps You Coming Back For More – We Stand On Guard So Far (#1-4) - October 23, 2015
- ‘Let’s Start A System Where The Creators Get Most Of The Money’ – David Lloyd Talks ACES Weekly - October 23, 2015