This is how it began back in the summer of 2012.
— Dave Ebersole (@debersol) July 10, 2012
They started pitching back in February this year.
— Delia Gable (@dcgable) February 6, 2014
And a few months later and Dash #1 by theatre director and playwright Dave Ebersole and illustrator Delia Gable will be published by Northwest Press in September.
Los Angeles, 1940: Private investigator Dash Malone can’t shake the feeling his lover, Johnny, is hiding something. Strange deaths start occurring throughout the city while a mysterious woman named Zita Makara begs Dash to take her case. When a grisly murder connects all three, a terrifying mystery unfolds.
Ebersole previously described the series,
“Dash” is a noir detective serial set in Los Angeles, 1940, where The Maltese Falcon meets The Mummy through the eyes of an openly gay private detective. The series is written by Dave Ebersole and illustrated by Delia Gable.
We got a glimpse of a preview version at ECCC….
And some preliminary artwork…
And now it will be coming to a comic store near you in September. That’s if your retailer chooses to order it for you. Why not give them a nudge? This looks fun, sparky, full of anachronisms, but hell, don’t we just love that?
- A “Classic” Strip Mixing Light and Dark: Dunce - June 23, 2018
- Antarctic Press’s Killer Cold Treats for the Summer - June 23, 2018
- When Brian Azzarello Opened the Wrong Hotel Door to Find Adam West – The Batman Panel at Denver Comic Con - June 23, 2018
- Comic Store in Your Future: The Comic Industry, Full of Roadblocks - June 23, 2018
- DC Comics 100-Page Giants Will Only Have 12 Pages of Exclusive Story, Will Be Reprinted This Year: Palmiotti - June 23, 2018