It’s been in the works for a while but the official announcement dropped overnight. Danger Mouse is being rebooted by Ireland’s Boulder Media, and Horrible Histories‘ Ben Ward is on board to write the scripts.
We don’t know – yet – who will be providing the voices, but that’s already some serious talent behind the camera… er, drawing boa… er… computer.
Some things will be updated, of course, and DM’s new eyepatch is going to be more Google Glass than Arrr! Me Hearties.
The original Cosgrove Hall series ran for about ten years and was, quite regularly, brilliant. When a nostalgia weekend on CITV led to some repeats a year or so ago, Danger Mouse gave the channel its highest ever ratings.
Fraggle Rock and Knightmare did very well too, you know. I’m just saying.
A run of 52 new Danger Mouse episodes, eleven minutes apiece, will screen on CBBC from next year.
- Images From Ridley Scott’s New Biblical Epic, Exodus, With Christian Bale And Sigourney Weaver - July 1, 2014
- James Cameron Goes To The Bottom Of The Ocean In Trailer For Deepsea Challenge 3D - July 1, 2014
- London Getting The Guardians Of The Galaxy IMAX Preview Next Tuesday - July 1, 2014
- Footage From Studio Ghibli’s New Feature, When Marnie Was There - July 1, 2014
- Where The Avengers: Age Of Ultron Leaves The Hulk For Future Movies - July 1, 2014