I find it a little hard to believe, if I’m being honest, that Simon Pegg won’t crop up in Star Wars: Episode VII some way or another. These films – some of them, at least – clearly mean a lot to the man, and he’s got a relationship with JJ Abrams and, really, he’s just well-liked enough to make it worth everybody’s while.
But officially speaking, he’s not in the film. Not yet. There’s been no announcement.
Nonetheless, IGN Middle East are confident that he’s in the picture and did some filming already in Abu Dhabi.
As I said, I believe it.
I sat and spoke to Pegg for 25 minutes yesterday. He didn’t show obvious signs of an Abu Dhabi tan. Nor did I ask him any dull Star Wars questions – we had other business to talk about, which you can read of in August. Still, asking Simon Pegg if he’ll be in Episode VII is a bit like asking water if it’s wet, isn’t it? Water that has signed an iron-and-concrete NDA and would probably change the subject immediately and start talking about, I dunno, dust or something?
- Images From Ridley Scott’s New Biblical Epic, Exodus, With Christian Bale And Sigourney Weaver - July 1, 2014
- James Cameron Goes To The Bottom Of The Ocean In Trailer For Deepsea Challenge 3D - July 1, 2014
- London Getting The Guardians Of The Galaxy IMAX Preview Next Tuesday - July 1, 2014
- Footage From Studio Ghibli’s New Feature, When Marnie Was There - July 1, 2014
- Where The Avengers: Age Of Ultron Leaves The Hulk For Future Movies - July 1, 2014