It’s the next best thing anyway. Last month was the ComicPalooza Comic Festival in Houston, Texas, with guests including Stan Lee, Clark Gregg, Nichelle Nichols, Jim Steranko, four Doctors and an equal number of Power Rangers, among many more TV and movie guests. It also had UK comics writer Tony Lee and his wife Tracy as guests, and thanks to his Facebook Page we have the following video.
On the Thursday before the convention, Tony and some of the guests, including Sixth Doctor Colin Baker, Eighth Doctor Paul McGann, Red Power Ranger Austin St. John, Black Power Ranger Walter Jones and 24 and Transformers alumni Glenn Morshower were invited to NASA to partake in what NASA calls the ‘Red Line’ tour, going behind the scenes, talking with an astronaut, playing in the ISS training modules and sitting in the seat of the Space Shuttle. Basically, the things that VIP guests of comic conventions don’t usually get to do.
(Apparently they also drove there in a VIP bus with a stripper pole, but that’s another story, and one you can ask Tony about himself. There’s pictures of it on the Facebook Page linked above.)
But we don’t care about that. What we care about is what happened when the guests were taken into Mission Control, the original one, best known (in replica format) as the one Ed Harris spends most of Apollo 13 in. Actually standing on NASA hallowed ground, with two Power Rangers, Two Doctors, and a man who’s been on Mission Control sets more times than the rest put together, they decided to improvise a little skit…
- Godshaper By Si Spurrier And Jonas Goonface – The Shape Of Comics To Come? - January 20, 2017
- Cullen Bunn Unleashes Another Monster, Regression With Danny Luckert For Image Comics - January 20, 2017
- Will Rosado Joins Catalyst Prime’s Free Comic Book Day - January 20, 2017
- Plague Of Locusts, Frogs Fall From Sky And Witchblade Returns As A TV Series Again - January 20, 2017
- Don’t Fear Kim Reaper…. Supernatural Romance Leads Oni Press’ Solicits For April 2017 - January 20, 2017