From the 1954 Senate Subcommittee on Juvenile Delinquency, concentrating on the effects of comic books on children, especially horror and crime titles.
Sen. Kefauver: “Here is your May issue. This seems to be a man with a bloody ax holding a woman’s head up which has been severed from her body. Do you think that’s in good taste?”
William Gaines: “Yes sir, I do – for the cover of a horror comic. A cover in bad taste, for example, might be defined as holding her head a little higher so that blood could be seen dripping from it and moving the body a little further over so that the neck of the body could be seen to be bloody.”
Kefauver:(doubtful) “You’ve got blood coming out of her mouth.”
Gaines: “A little.”
And from the final page of today’s Original Sin #3 published by Marvel comics, a piece of complete and utter madness…
Original Sin #3 published today by Marvel Comics and courtesy of Orbital Comics, London. Currently exhibiting the Elephantmen work of Shaky Kane, with prints for sale.
- Ten Thoughts about Doctor Who Series 11 Finale: The Battle Of Ranskoor Av Kolos - December 9, 2018
- BBC Confirms: No Doctor Who Series 12 Until 2020 - December 9, 2018
- “The DNA Of The Most Dangerous Creature In the Universe” – Trailer For Resolution, The Doctor Who New Year’s Day 2019 Special - December 9, 2018
- Ollie’s Outlets Selling $3.3 Million of Graphic Novels at 80% Off - December 9, 2018
- Bleeding Cool Bestseller List, 9th December 2018, “DC Killed It This Week” – and Then Die… - December 9, 2018