Uh oh? Less than two months before it was due to open – on July 19th – Warner Bros have announced that the Wachowskis’ ambitious Jupiter Ascending has been pushed back seven months – to February 6, 2015.
It seems like bad news on two fronts – 1) it’s so late in the game and so close to the film’s release, especially for such a big film that should be on its final FX touches at this point. 2) February is no time to release a major studio blockbuster/potential tentpole flick. Summer seemed like exactly where Jupiter Ascending belonged.
So what went wrong? Did something even go wrong? Could the directors have simply needed more time? It wouldn’t be the first time a pushed-back film benefited from the extra breathing room, despite online chatter suggesting it’s in trouble. Guess we’ll find out on or before February 6, 2015.
- Fox Cancels Ancient Egypt Drama Hieroglyph Before It Even Airs - June 30, 2014
- David S. Goyer Developing Horror Novel Snowblind As Miniseries Adaptation - June 30, 2014
- Tom Hardy Joins Leonardo Dicaprio In The Revenant - June 30, 2014
- Bill Hader And Kristen Wiig Are The Skeleton Twins In First Trailer - June 30, 2014
- First Look At Henry Cavill As Clark Kent In Batman V Superman: Dawn Of Justice - June 30, 2014