So Marvel will be giving retailers a third off their cost of ordering Death Of Wolverine #1 if they order 275% of their orders of All-New X-Men #25.
ICV2 estimates, that don’t include UK sales or reorders have that at 63,827. Which means if every retailer follows that incentive, that would mean Marvel would sell 175,524 copies.
Of course they have four copies out that month. With different incentive levels to compensate for attrition of sales.
So Death Of Wolverine #2 and #3 give the same discount for 250% of All-New X-Men #25 sales which coule be 159, 567 sales.
And Death Of Wolverine #4 which presumably will feature the actual death of Wolverine is back up to 275%.
Expect oodles of tiered incentive covers to help brace the sale shock as well. Either way it’s likely that all four books will sell over 100,000 for that month…
- Entering The Spill Zone With Scott Westerfeld Ahead Of Free Comic Book Day - April 29, 2017
- Ten Thoughts About Doctor Who: On Thin Ice – From Black Jesus To Punching Nazis - April 29, 2017
- Comic Creators At Ru Paul’s Drag Con, In Los Angeles This Weekend - April 29, 2017
- Separated At Birth – Moonstruck And Brave Chef Brianna? - April 29, 2017
- No, Calgary, Wonder Woman Isn’t Published By Marvel Comics… - April 29, 2017