A Big Trouble in Little China comic was announced by Boom! at this year’s ComicsPRO Annual Meeting and made a big splash online. There haven’t been any new stories told in the world of the cult film since its release in 1986 and apparently fans have been clamoring for more Jack Burton. The project was sweetened with the participation of original director John Carpenter, who is co-writing the series with The Goon‘s Eric Powell. Word is that post-FOC orders are over 23,000 copies making it one of Boom’s bigger launches of the year.
What helped that along the way were a lot of retailer exclusive covers. And you’re only going to see them all together here…
That’s the main cover by Eric Powell, the connecting cover by Joe Quinones…
retailer incentives by Chris Weston and Terry Dodson,
along with retailer exclusive variants for DCBS, TFAW, Tate’s Comics, Strange Adventures, Cards, Comics & Collectibles, and Third Eye Comics.
The DCBS and TFAW covers form a connecting image by Gabriel Hardman. 50% of the proceeds will benefit the Comic Book Legal Defense Fund.
Cards, Comics & Collectibles snagged a Frank Cho image. Tate’s got the teaser image by Eric Powell
and there’s a boom-studios.com exclusive by Joe Eisma.
But I suspect the Holy Grail might be the Adam Hughes cover BOOM! plans to roll out at Comic-Con in San Diego…
- After Arkham Asylum 2, Dark Knight 3 And Doomsday Clock… What Sequel Could Be Next? - July 25, 2017
- Remember That Time The Savage Dragon Had Some Questions To Ask God? - July 25, 2017
- From Perfect To Real: Moving Beyond The Strong Female Character At San Diego Comic-Con - July 25, 2017
- A ‘Vikings’ Funeral At San Diego Comic-Con - July 25, 2017
- A Comic Show Post-San Diego… “Some Jackass Who’s Always On Bleeding Cool” – Robert Kirkman - July 25, 2017