A Big Trouble in Little China comic was announced by Boom! at this year’s ComicsPRO Annual Meeting and made a big splash online. There haven’t been any new stories told in the world of the cult film since its release in 1986 and apparently fans have been clamoring for more Jack Burton. The project was sweetened with the participation of original director John Carpenter, who is co-writing the series with The Goon‘s Eric Powell. Word is that post-FOC orders are over 23,000 copies making it one of Boom’s bigger launches of the year.
What helped that along the way were a lot of retailer exclusive covers. And you’re only going to see them all together here…
That’s the main cover by Eric Powell, the connecting cover by Joe Quinones…
retailer incentives by Chris Weston and Terry Dodson,
along with retailer exclusive variants for DCBS, TFAW, Tate’s Comics, Strange Adventures, Cards, Comics & Collectibles, and Third Eye Comics.
The DCBS and TFAW covers form a connecting image by Gabriel Hardman. 50% of the proceeds will benefit the Comic Book Legal Defense Fund.
Cards, Comics & Collectibles snagged a Frank Cho image. Tate’s got the teaser image by Eric Powell
and there’s a boom-studios.com exclusive by Joe Eisma.
But I suspect the Holy Grail might be the Adam Hughes cover BOOM! plans to roll out at Comic-Con in San Diego…
- Comic Store In Your Future – 8 Years In Fact - September 21, 2018
- Heroes In Crisis Adds Two Issues… And Two Artists - September 21, 2018
- A Comic Show – Another Floridian Store Talks Batman Damned - September 21, 2018
- A New Name For Thought Bubble? - September 21, 2018
- Has DC Comics Got Nightwing Completely the Wrong Way Round? (Batman #55 Spoilers) - September 21, 2018