I think some may have already figured this out from the five minute trailer, but now the showrunners have gone ahead and let the cat out of the bag – officially – on who John Wesley Shipp will be playing on The CW’s The Flash.
Here’s Executive Producer Greg Berlanti’s statement:
Given his history with The Flash, [executive producers] Andrew [Kreisberg], Geoff [Johns] and I could only think of one person we wanted to play Barry’s father and that was John Wesley Shipp. He gives a fantastic and emotional performance in the pilot and we are looking forward to his presence in many more episodes. Also, personally, it was just wonderful to work with him again since my days at Dawson’s Creek. He’s a great actor and a great guy.
Shipp, of course, played the original Barry Allen aka The Flash on a short-lived TV series in 1990. Now he’ll play Barry Allen’s dad opposite Grant Gustin. Passing the torch, indeed.
- Fox Cancels Ancient Egypt Drama Hieroglyph Before It Even Airs - June 30, 2014
- David S. Goyer Developing Horror Novel Snowblind As Miniseries Adaptation - June 30, 2014
- Tom Hardy Joins Leonardo Dicaprio In The Revenant - June 30, 2014
- Bill Hader And Kristen Wiig Are The Skeleton Twins In First Trailer - June 30, 2014
- First Look At Henry Cavill As Clark Kent In Batman V Superman: Dawn Of Justice - June 30, 2014