The newest member of the Star Wars family is clearly a huge fan of the original trilogy and appears to have little patience for things that don’t live up to his high expectations of everything to do with this franchise. Posted on the message boards of gaming website NeoGaf, there are some not-so-flattering words from new spinoff writer Gary Whitta on some of the franchise’s past decisions.
In 2008, Whitta didn’t mince words when it came to the prequel trilogy, saying in response to a fellow poster:
Guess what, those movies fucking sucked too.
In 2011, it was the Special Edition Blu Rays that caught his ire:
OG editions of Episodes IV, V and VI ACQUIRED! Ripping them to AppleTV this afternoon, then I plan to watch the trilogy the way I remember it! Fuck Lucas and his vandalized Blu-rays. He’s turned us all into scavengers, scraping around in the trash cans of the internet for our childhoods.
To be fair, his complaints certainly aren’t unpopular opinions around this fandom, and it’s obvious this all stems from a place of caring a great deal about Star Wars, because who else would have such strong reactions? I think a lot of us can feel where he’s coming from. But now that he’s officially Team Lucasfilm, perhaps a sweep of his digital trail is in order.
- Fox Cancels Ancient Egypt Drama Hieroglyph Before It Even Airs - June 30, 2014
- David S. Goyer Developing Horror Novel Snowblind As Miniseries Adaptation - June 30, 2014
- Tom Hardy Joins Leonardo Dicaprio In The Revenant - June 30, 2014
- Bill Hader And Kristen Wiig Are The Skeleton Twins In First Trailer - June 30, 2014
- First Look At Henry Cavill As Clark Kent In Batman V Superman: Dawn Of Justice - June 30, 2014