While Quentin Tarantino dawdles over Hateful Eight, another director with a penchant for violent imagery is taking a stab at the bloody western genre. Ti West is making a revenge thriller set in the 19th Century called A Vally of Violence, so you know, the subject matter is kinda already self-explanatory.
Deadline reports Ethan Hawke, John Travolta and American Horror Story star Taissa Farmiga have been cast in the film.
Hawke will play a drifter named Paul, who has nothing left to lose as he embarks upon a quest for vengeance against the gang of thugs who killed his best friend. There’s no word on who Travolta will play (probably a bad guy?), but Farmiga will play a young woman who runs the town’s hotel and helps Paul on his mission. West also wrote the script himself.
- Fox Cancels Ancient Egypt Drama Hieroglyph Before It Even Airs - June 30, 2014
- David S. Goyer Developing Horror Novel Snowblind As Miniseries Adaptation - June 30, 2014
- Tom Hardy Joins Leonardo Dicaprio In The Revenant - June 30, 2014
- Bill Hader And Kristen Wiig Are The Skeleton Twins In First Trailer - June 30, 2014
- First Look At Henry Cavill As Clark Kent In Batman V Superman: Dawn Of Justice - June 30, 2014