Hot on the heels on yesterday’s news of the sellout of the massive overprint of issue #1 and the release of issue #2, Boom! Studios is going to announce today at the Diamond Retailer Summit today that Lumberjanes, the sophomore title from their burgeoning Boom! Box imprint, is now an ongoing series.
Originally launched as an eight issue limited series, Lumberjanes has garnered significant support from the online web comics and Tumblr audience as well as a ton of attention for driving new female readers into comic shops. Co-created by Noelle Stevenson, Grace Ellis and Shannon Watters, written by Stevenson and Ellis, and with art by Brooke Allen, Lumberjanes is the latest in a series of successful original series launches from Boom! Studios. It also has the distinction of being the first ongoing series from the Boom! Box imprint.
I’ve been told Boom! aggressively overprinted issue #2, to the tune of 30% over FOX numbers, but reorder activity has been brisk. Will this announcement be the thing that sends retailers rushing to bring stock in and trigger a second sellout?
- Dick Grayson is Now Called Ric Grayson as Fabian Nicieza Joins Scott Lobdell on Nightwing #51 - October 15, 2018
- The Full DC Comics Catalogue for January 2019 - October 15, 2018
- The Writer of Invictus Pens Graphic Novel, Mandela and the General - October 15, 2018
- Olivia Olson’s Marcy & Simon #1 Kicks Off Official Canon Continuation of Adventure Time in January - October 15, 2018
- The Future of Black Label at DC Comics – It’s All Stephen Colbert’s Fault? - October 15, 2018