Fade Out, the new comic from Ed Brubaker and Sean Phillips, is coming our from Image in August. 40 pages, $3.50. Here’s the bumf.
An intricate and groundbreaking crime story on a level Brubaker and Phillips have never tackled before, THE FADE OUT weaves a tangled web through the underbelly of a 1948 Hollywood… A noir film stuck in endless reshoots. A writer plagued with nightmares from the war and a dangerous secret. An up-and-coming starlet’s suspicious death. And a maniacal studio mogul and his security chief who will do anything to keep the cameras rolling before the Post-War boom days come crashing down. THE FADE OUT is the most ambitious series yet from the award-winning Noir Masters.
As an added bonus to this exciting launch, this first issue will clock in at 40 pages and feature exclusive back page articles. For fans wishing to experience noir fiction in true ‘40s style, an oversized “movie magazine replica” variant edition with 8 extra pages of behind-the-scenes art and articles will be available for order.
Here’s a first preview…
- White Noise In London – Paradiso and Void Trip Exhibition at Orbital Comics, With a Walkthrough From Ram V on Saturday - January 18, 2018
- Two TV Commercials From DC Comics For the New Age of Heroes Line - January 17, 2018
- For Those of You Still Reading Generation X… Something Special For Jubilee (#86 Spoilers) - January 17, 2018
- Brian Wood and Jorge Coelho’s Robocop: Citizens Arrest Looks to Explore Social Justice - January 17, 2018
- Ludocrats from Kieron Gillen, David Lafuente, and Jim Rossignol is Coming Soon, Honest - January 17, 2018