Fade Out, the new comic from Ed Brubaker and Sean Phillips, is coming our from Image in August. 40 pages, $3.50. Here’s the bumf.
An intricate and groundbreaking crime story on a level Brubaker and Phillips have never tackled before, THE FADE OUT weaves a tangled web through the underbelly of a 1948 Hollywood… A noir film stuck in endless reshoots. A writer plagued with nightmares from the war and a dangerous secret. An up-and-coming starlet’s suspicious death. And a maniacal studio mogul and his security chief who will do anything to keep the cameras rolling before the Post-War boom days come crashing down. THE FADE OUT is the most ambitious series yet from the award-winning Noir Masters.
As an added bonus to this exciting launch, this first issue will clock in at 40 pages and feature exclusive back page articles. For fans wishing to experience noir fiction in true ‘40s style, an oversized “movie magazine replica” variant edition with 8 extra pages of behind-the-scenes art and articles will be available for order.
Here’s a first preview…
- When Superheroes Get Social Justice Right, They Really Get It Right – The “Books As Flint” Panel At C2E2 - April 23, 2017
- When Teachers, Libraries And Comic Shops Order Bitch Planet Together – The C2E2 Panel - April 23, 2017
- Comics, Censorship, And Turmoil At The Border – The CBLDF Panel Report From C2E2 - April 23, 2017
- Will DC Bombshells Become Mothers? These Questions And More At The DC Uncharted Panel At C2E2 - April 23, 2017
- When Rooster Teeth Endorse Your Fan-Made Games At C2E2… - April 23, 2017