Greg Rucka left Futures End before it was announced. John Layman left Batman Eternal before the first issue was published. It seems that you can’t have a DC Comics weekly book without a writer striking off before its published. Almost like its a tradition of sorts.
Well, it’s one that may be being kept up on the upcoming Earth 2 weekly title, World’s End. I understand from two DC sources that, after editorial disagreements, Paul Levitz, the previous publisher and president of DC Comics, has walked off the book. I have not heard if this will affect his work on Worlds Finest which features two characters from Earth 2 at all.
Neither Paul Levitz nor DC Comics representatives respond to enquiries made by Bleeding Cool. But for continuity watchers, this looks to be where Earth 2 is heading, from today’s Futures End…
- A New Wolverine Comic From Marvel in April 2018… - January 19, 2018
- Martin Rowson to Adapt Karl Marx’s Communist Manifesto as a Graphic Novel, and More from SelfMadeHero in 2018 - January 19, 2018
- All 3 Marvel Comics Nominated for GLAAD Awards Have Been Cancelled - January 19, 2018
- Marvel Comics Signs Kelly Thompson as an Exclusive Creator - January 19, 2018
- Nancy Silberkleit Now Distributing Her Own Archie Comic, Featuring Scarlet, One Copy at a Time - January 19, 2018