Greg Rucka left Futures End before it was announced. John Layman left Batman Eternal before the first issue was published. It seems that you can’t have a DC Comics weekly book without a writer striking off before its published. Almost like its a tradition of sorts.
Well, it’s one that may be being kept up on the upcoming Earth 2 weekly title, World’s End. I understand from two DC sources that, after editorial disagreements, Paul Levitz, the previous publisher and president of DC Comics, has walked off the book. I have not heard if this will affect his work on Worlds Finest which features two characters from Earth 2 at all.
Neither Paul Levitz nor DC Comics representatives respond to enquiries made by Bleeding Cool. But for continuity watchers, this looks to be where Earth 2 is heading, from today’s Futures End…
- Stan Lee Cameo In “Fresh Off The Boat” Just Before Free Comic Book Day And The Comic By Gene Luen Yang and Jorge Corona - April 24, 2017
- Chris Evans To Read A Superhero Bedtime Story On British TV Next Month - April 24, 2017
- People Are Adding “Nick Spencer Disclaimers” To Their Captain America T-Shirts - April 23, 2017
- Dark Matter Widens The Divide At DC Comics Between Dan DiDio And Geoff Johns - April 23, 2017
- Killing The 5 Year Timeline – Superman, Flash And Blue Beetle Spoilers For The Week Ahead, Rumbling Around C2E2 (UPDATE) - April 23, 2017