Last night, Bleeding Cool was the first to run 16 of the DC Comics “Bombshells” covers, designed by Ant Lucia and appearing as variant covers on DC titles in June.
But the female focus of these vintage sexualised style images made some wondfer if there was an equialent for the menfolk of the DC Universe. Well there was, kinda, ish.
Okay, it wasn’t exactly the same. It wasn’t as sexualised. And some women were included too. But in 1997, DC published a line of annuals themed to “Pulp Heroes” with the covers to match. And this is what you got…
Thanks to FilmBuffRich for the idea!
- Justice League Of America Tops Advance Reorders, Followed By Image’s 25th Birthday - January 19, 2017
- Second Prints For Unstoppable Wasp, IVX And The Few - January 19, 2017
- Dan Panosian Talks To Bleeding Cool About Working With Joe Quesada On The X-Men Comic That Appears In The Logan Movie - January 19, 2017
- There’s A DC Comic In The January Loot Crate…. - January 19, 2017
- How The Green Lanterns Comic Tackles Anxiety In A Remarkably Superheroic Fashion - January 19, 2017