Last night, Bleeding Cool was the first to run 16 of the DC Comics “Bombshells” covers, designed by Ant Lucia and appearing as variant covers on DC titles in June.
But the female focus of these vintage sexualised style images made some wondfer if there was an equialent for the menfolk of the DC Universe. Well there was, kinda, ish.
Okay, it wasn’t exactly the same. It wasn’t as sexualised. And some women were included too. But in 1997, DC published a line of annuals themed to “Pulp Heroes” with the covers to match. And this is what you got…
Thanks to FilmBuffRich for the idea!
- The DC Masterclass Panel Welcomes Latecomers, From Dan DiDio To Greg Capullo To Frank Miller - July 22, 2017
- Marvel’s Hasbro Panel At San Diego Comic-Con In 85 Photos - July 22, 2017
- New Thor: Ragnarok Poster Released To Dazzle The Senses - July 22, 2017
- Miracleman Is Coming. Just Not Yet. Wait. - July 22, 2017
- Motor Crush #9 Will Be A Flashback Issue Drawn By Cameron Stewart With Babs Tarr On Colours - July 22, 2017