Though it’s related in a slightly fudgey fashion, Sci-Fi Now’s new interview with Bryan Singer appears to be confirming plans to recast some central X-Men for the upcoming Apocalypse.
Though I’ve been told – and stand by my source – that the “older X-Men” will make some sort of appearance in Apocalypse, the film will focus on the First Class crew in the 80s. Singer now says that this opens up for a story about his first X-Men line-up coming together.
Sci-Fi Now had a proposal about this, and Singer had something say about that proposal. Here’s how they put it:
Of course, this means X-Men: Apocalypse is in the right time zone to revisit and recast iconic original characters Cyclops, Jean Grey and Storm.
Cyclops and Jean Grey, played by James Marsden and Famke Janssen, were killed in X-Men: The Last Stand (although Janssen reprised the role for dream sequences in The Wolverine), while Halle Berry returns as Storm for the post-apocalyptic segments of X-Men: Days Of Future Past.
“Yeah,” Singer confirms when that exact question is put to him, “exactly.”
So, either he’s going to recast the roles or he meant something else. I doubt anybody will get face time with him soon to confirm, so we’ll be left hanging a while, I think.
More time for the internet to fancast, anyway.
- Images From Ridley Scott’s New Biblical Epic, Exodus, With Christian Bale And Sigourney Weaver - July 1, 2014
- James Cameron Goes To The Bottom Of The Ocean In Trailer For Deepsea Challenge 3D - July 1, 2014
- London Getting The Guardians Of The Galaxy IMAX Preview Next Tuesday - July 1, 2014
- Footage From Studio Ghibli’s New Feature, When Marnie Was There - July 1, 2014
- Where The Avengers: Age Of Ultron Leaves The Hulk For Future Movies - July 1, 2014