Wild Bunch have a lot of interesting films on their Cannes slate this year, projects that are looking for funds at the festival’s market place ahead of production.
There’s an Irvine Welsh-scripted sequel to Spring Breakers, to be directed by Jonas Akerlund. Screen described it thus:
Spring Breakers: The Second Coming, in which the Spring Breakers do battle with an extreme militant Christian sect that attempts to convert them.
Then there’s a new thriller from Paul Verhoeven, based on Philippe Djian’s 2012 novel Oh! Dijan previous wrote Betty Blue.
Gaspar Noe’s next film is going to be announced. It’s all about sex, and according to Wild Bunch’s Vincent Maraval, it will be boys a “hard-on and make girls cry.” Bloody idiot.
Perhaps the one film on the slate that will garner the most interest from Bleeding Cool readers is the remake of Maniac Cop. Nicholas Winding Refn is producing the film and the screenplay has been written by Ed Brubaker.
Here’s the trailer for the original, directed by William Lustig and written by Larry Cohen. I’ve always been quite fond of it.
The new film’s director will apparently be announced at Cannes, the better to hype the finances out company’s pockets. Or, maybe, contract negotiations are still ongoing.
- Images From Ridley Scott’s New Biblical Epic, Exodus, With Christian Bale And Sigourney Weaver - July 1, 2014
- James Cameron Goes To The Bottom Of The Ocean In Trailer For Deepsea Challenge 3D - July 1, 2014
- London Getting The Guardians Of The Galaxy IMAX Preview Next Tuesday - July 1, 2014
- Footage From Studio Ghibli’s New Feature, When Marnie Was There - July 1, 2014
- Where The Avengers: Age Of Ultron Leaves The Hulk For Future Movies - July 1, 2014