On Friday Rich caught up with Joshua Hale Fialkov to talk about, among other things, his new Dynamite series The Devilers. The new title is part of an initiative from the publisher called Creators Unleashed. Along with this series, other series were announced including Peter Milligan/Terminal Hero, Duane Swierczynski/Ex-Con, Andy Diggle, Angela Cruickshank, and Ben Oliver/Control and James Robinson/Grand Passion.
Two retailers, Midtown Comics and Westfield Comics have decided to use the new title by Fialkov and Matt Triano as a way to bring in new readers and are offering up the first issue for only $.99 cents.
Why are they choosing this book? It could be the fact that Fialkov has been rising in popularity with every new project or maybe the retailers have faith in the new Creators Unleashed program… either way, they are willing to take a loss on the comic to bring in more readers. So obviously they believe it’s a book that people will be out looking for.
That of course if for the regular Jock cover… the variant by Marc Silvestri is going for $20.00 or more.
- NFL Post Mortem – the 2017 Kansas City Chiefs - January 15, 2018
- Tennessee Titans Part Ways with Mike Mularkey After Playoff Elimination - January 15, 2018
- Supergirl Season 3: Brainiac 5 Introduces Himself to Kara - January 15, 2018
- Anna Paquin, Steve Buscemi, and Terrence Howard Talk ‘Electric Dreams’ - January 15, 2018
- Prime Gives Us a First Look at Britannia with David Morrissey and Kelly Reilly - January 15, 2018