EW have released the first official behind the scenes images from Jurassic World, which is now filming in Hawaii.
Additionally, director Colin Trevorrow has confirmed to Empire that sequel plans are actually already underway:
We definitely talked about [sequels] a lot. We wanted to create something that would be a little bit less arbitrary and episodic, and something that could potentially arc into a series that would feel like a complete story.
It seems like an obvious thing in this day and age when big tentpoles being planned to play out over the course of several movies is a no-brainer, but this certainly would be a new way to tell the Jurassic World story. What would the ending of the first movie be then? Just a brief respite on the island instead of being whirled away to safety by helicopter?
Trevorrow also goes on to basically spoil a couple of characters who will survive this first round, because he sees them continuing on in the sequels. Spoiler alert here, don’t read on if you don’t want to know who’s safe:
[Omar Sy] is essentially Chris Pratt’s best friend. They work together and have some pretty cool action scenes together. I wanted to create a relationship there that could be memorable and potentially carry on to future films.
If I were to bet, I’d put money on Bryce Dallas Howard and the kids surviving as well. Jake Johnson, maybe not so much.
Jurassic World is now filming in Hawaii.
- Fox Cancels Ancient Egypt Drama Hieroglyph Before It Even Airs - June 30, 2014
- David S. Goyer Developing Horror Novel Snowblind As Miniseries Adaptation - June 30, 2014
- Tom Hardy Joins Leonardo Dicaprio In The Revenant - June 30, 2014
- Bill Hader And Kristen Wiig Are The Skeleton Twins In First Trailer - June 30, 2014
- First Look At Henry Cavill As Clark Kent In Batman V Superman: Dawn Of Justice - June 30, 2014