So for the last seven years or so, the grand prize for winning the Heroclix World Championship has been to pick your favourite Marvel or DC character and design a dial for them. With Black Adam in 2011, Wizkids added to the prize by starting a trend of including the winner’s likeness in the sculpt. So here’s Black Adam throttling two-time champ George Massu.
In 2012 Mister Sinister cloned Daniel Joynes.
Earlier this year, Stargirl rescued Alex Avila.
Today, Wizkids officially announced a Flash set featuring the figure designed by 2013 Golden Age champ (they had two divisions last year) Jetery, who picked Harley Quinn.
“Haha. It was supposed to be Hostage Harley but Lapdance Harley is hilarious. Lets go with that one.”
And that’s how DC Comics saw one of their female characters overly sexualised today. Tomorrow, it will be something else…
- Tomorrow’s Comics Today – A Comic Shop: Curse Words Unleashed! - January 17, 2017
- Frankensteining Marvel Comics’ Solicits For April 2017 - January 17, 2017
- As Marvel Drop “Buy Physical, Get Digital” Codes, DC Pick Them Up, As Monthly Superhero Comics Go $3.99 - January 17, 2017
- Marvel’s *Classified* Prelude Gets A Name – And It’s Secret Empire - January 17, 2017
- DC Comics Change Credits On Tomorrow’s Green Lanterns, Justice League, Raven And More - January 17, 2017