So for the last seven years or so, the grand prize for winning the Heroclix World Championship has been to pick your favourite Marvel or DC character and design a dial for them. With Black Adam in 2011, Wizkids added to the prize by starting a trend of including the winner’s likeness in the sculpt. So here’s Black Adam throttling two-time champ George Massu.
In 2012 Mister Sinister cloned Daniel Joynes.
Earlier this year, Stargirl rescued Alex Avila.
Today, Wizkids officially announced a Flash set featuring the figure designed by 2013 Golden Age champ (they had two divisions last year) Jetery, who picked Harley Quinn.
“Haha. It was supposed to be Hostage Harley but Lapdance Harley is hilarious. Lets go with that one.”
And that’s how DC Comics saw one of their female characters overly sexualised today. Tomorrow, it will be something else…
- The Eisner Awards 2017 – Live, As They Come In - July 21, 2017
- IDW Cut Comics By 25% – And More First Strike, Star Trek, And Black Crown From The Diamond Retailer Presentation - July 21, 2017
- What It Looks Like When Retailers Race To Get Exclusive San Diego Comic-Con Swag - July 21, 2017
- Boom! Studios’ 5 Biggest Problems In Comics, And A ‘Clueless’ Graphic Novel - July 21, 2017
- Comic Book Legal Defense Fund To Train Comic Book Retailers In Their Legal Rights - July 21, 2017