No Social Network reunion for Aaron Sorkin’s untitled Steve Jobs biopic set up at Sony, but how about one for The Beach instead? THR reports the rather surprising turn of events that Danny Boyle, of all directors, is next on Sony’s target to direct the film after David Fincher fell out, and the potential new director has offered the lead role of the late Apple founder to Leonardo Dicaprio.
Boyle and Dicaprio last worked together 14 years ago on The Beach, and certainly that gritty, action-driven type of fare is what Boyle is known for, turning this potential project into something very different than it might have been under Fincher’s meticulous, pristine aesthetic.
But don’t get too attached just yet to this pairing the way some of us (ahem) got attached to a potential Fincher-directed flick, because just like the last dealmaking process, this is still far from a done thing. For one thing, as THR points out, Dicaprio is already committed to doing The Revenant this fall, which would push this Boyle reunion to 2015 if this configuration works out.
- Fox Cancels Ancient Egypt Drama Hieroglyph Before It Even Airs - June 30, 2014
- David S. Goyer Developing Horror Novel Snowblind As Miniseries Adaptation - June 30, 2014
- Tom Hardy Joins Leonardo Dicaprio In The Revenant - June 30, 2014
- Bill Hader And Kristen Wiig Are The Skeleton Twins In First Trailer - June 30, 2014
- First Look At Henry Cavill As Clark Kent In Batman V Superman: Dawn Of Justice - June 30, 2014