During his appearance on Jimmy Kimmel’s show, which airs on the Disney-owned ABC, Paul Bettany discussed his role in The Avengers: Age of Ultron. As Kimmel helpfully pointed out up front, he’s playing The Vision.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IQQwNMAuEdI&t=1m22s
I understand that Bettany has been filming in London recently, but for 1940s set sequences. That’s interesting too, though I’m not sure what that means for the character.
And using the comic book as a hard and fast guide of what he’ll be up to – or, perhaps more specifically, able to do – might not be the best idea either.
That part of their conversation, in case you can’t play the video where you are, went something like this:
Bettany: I can do all sorts of things, but I’m not allowed to really talk about them and what we’re going to do because there might be a Marvel agent in the room that will actually wrestle me to the ground.
Kimmel: Even though these powers are all in the comic books?
Bettany: They pick and choose.
Kimmel: So really the question is what powers won’t be on display?
Bettany: That’s exactly right.
I feel like we should make a Vision powers business card and cross them off as set reports, trailers and, ultimately, the film itself reveals what he can do.
- Images From Ridley Scott’s New Biblical Epic, Exodus, With Christian Bale And Sigourney Weaver - July 1, 2014
- James Cameron Goes To The Bottom Of The Ocean In Trailer For Deepsea Challenge 3D - July 1, 2014
- London Getting The Guardians Of The Galaxy IMAX Preview Next Tuesday - July 1, 2014
- Footage From Studio Ghibli’s New Feature, When Marnie Was There - July 1, 2014
- Where The Avengers: Age Of Ultron Leaves The Hulk For Future Movies - July 1, 2014