For those at the back of the class, James Gunn has whipped out Entertainment Weekly, rolled it into a megaphone and used it to shout, loud and clear, one of the more basic, most obvious things about the upcoming Marvel movieverse pictures.
Gunn said – and if this surprises any of you, do let me know – that Thanos will appear in Guardians of the Galaxy and then later in the third Avengers film where, finally, the various assorted superheroes will come face to face with this hideous warmonger.
According to Comic Book Movie, who have been copy typing from EW, Gunn called Thanos “the head of the snake.”
His character will be motion captured though, right now, everybody is keeping that casting secret. For how long? How long is a piece of string that’s tied, at one end, to the here and now and the other to San Diego Comic Con, Hall H, Saturday night, about 7.30pm?
Incidentally, that new image at the head of the story came from Gunn’s twitter feed. Nifty stuff.
- Images From Ridley Scott’s New Biblical Epic, Exodus, With Christian Bale And Sigourney Weaver - July 1, 2014
- James Cameron Goes To The Bottom Of The Ocean In Trailer For Deepsea Challenge 3D - July 1, 2014
- London Getting The Guardians Of The Galaxy IMAX Preview Next Tuesday - July 1, 2014
- Footage From Studio Ghibli’s New Feature, When Marnie Was There - July 1, 2014
- Where The Avengers: Age Of Ultron Leaves The Hulk For Future Movies - July 1, 2014