A Chicago-based political action committee, Family-PAC has campaigned for voters to tell Representative Mike Smiddy to vote against last year’s proposed marriage equality bill, saying children raised by same-sex couples will “never know their real parents”. Family-PAC director Paul Caprio spoke in a robocall saying “Same-sex marriage denies children the right to know who their real parent is” and blaming said representative for taking $6,500 from “Chicago homosexuals” and asking “Who is Mike Smiddy representing? You or Chicago homosexuals?”
DNAinfo tells us that,
According to federal campaign finance filings, Family-PAC is funded in part by Richard Uihlein, CEO of packing material company Uline, investor Peter Huizenga, chairman of Huizenga Capital Management, and Bernard Bertsche, owner of hydraulics company Camcraft, based in Hanover Park.
Today, Oni Press got involved. Because they use Uline. Or rather, they did. In an open letter, they explain why they are stopping.
- Kirby Comics Opens in Hanover, Pennsylvania, Makes the Front Page - January 20, 2018
- Al Ewing Has a “Most Awesome, Mind-Bending Miniseries Ever” Coming from Marvel Comics - January 20, 2018
- First Peek at Wild’s End Original Graphic Novel by Dan Abnett and INJ Culbard - January 20, 2018
- 28-Page Preview of Super Suckers #1, Another of Sitcomics’ 64-Page $3.99 Comics - January 20, 2018
- A Chat with Travis McIntire, Publisher of Source Point Press - January 20, 2018