A Chicago-based political action committee, Family-PAC has campaigned for voters to tell Representative Mike Smiddy to vote against last year’s proposed marriage equality bill, saying children raised by same-sex couples will “never know their real parents”. Family-PAC director Paul Caprio spoke in a robocall saying “Same-sex marriage denies children the right to know who their real parent is” and blaming said representative for taking $6,500 from “Chicago homosexuals” and asking “Who is Mike Smiddy representing? You or Chicago homosexuals?”
DNAinfo tells us that,
According to federal campaign finance filings, Family-PAC is funded in part by Richard Uihlein, CEO of packing material company Uline, investor Peter Huizenga, chairman of Huizenga Capital Management, and Bernard Bertsche, owner of hydraulics company Camcraft, based in Hanover Park.
Today, Oni Press got involved. Because they use Uline. Or rather, they did. In an open letter, they explain why they are stopping.
- Geek Food: The Lich King Ice Cream At San Diego Comic-Con - July 23, 2017
- Dan DiDio Reveals The Secret Origins Of The Comic Creators – And The Fans – At San Diego Comic-Con - July 23, 2017
- The First Thirteenth Doctor Cosplay At San Diego Comic-Con…Is By A Man - July 23, 2017
- David Duchovny Says He Had Difficulty Voice Acting For X-Files Audible Series - July 23, 2017
- First Look At The Doctor Who Christmas Special – And A Look Back At Peter Capaldi’s Time As The doctor - July 23, 2017