A Chicago-based political action committee, Family-PAC has campaigned for voters to tell Representative Mike Smiddy to vote against last year’s proposed marriage equality bill, saying children raised by same-sex couples will “never know their real parents”. Family-PAC director Paul Caprio spoke in a robocall saying “Same-sex marriage denies children the right to know who their real parent is” and blaming said representative for taking $6,500 from “Chicago homosexuals” and asking “Who is Mike Smiddy representing? You or Chicago homosexuals?”
DNAinfo tells us that,
According to federal campaign finance filings, Family-PAC is funded in part by Richard Uihlein, CEO of packing material company Uline, investor Peter Huizenga, chairman of Huizenga Capital Management, and Bernard Bertsche, owner of hydraulics company Camcraft, based in Hanover Park.
Today, Oni Press got involved. Because they use Uline. Or rather, they did. In an open letter, they explain why they are stopping.
- Godshaper By Si Spurrier And Jonas Goonface – The Shape Of Comics To Come? - January 20, 2017
- Cullen Bunn Unleashes Another Monster, Regression With Danny Luckert For Image Comics - January 20, 2017
- Will Rosado Joins Catalyst Prime’s Free Comic Book Day - January 20, 2017
- Plague Of Locusts, Frogs Fall From Sky And Witchblade Returns As A TV Series Again - January 20, 2017
- Don’t Fear Kim Reaper…. Supernatural Romance Leads Oni Press’ Solicits For April 2017 - January 20, 2017