A Chicago-based political action committee, Family-PAC has campaigned for voters to tell Representative Mike Smiddy to vote against last year’s proposed marriage equality bill, saying children raised by same-sex couples will “never know their real parents”. Family-PAC director Paul Caprio spoke in a robocall saying “Same-sex marriage denies children the right to know who their real parent is” and blaming said representative for taking $6,500 from “Chicago homosexuals” and asking “Who is Mike Smiddy representing? You or Chicago homosexuals?”
DNAinfo tells us that,
According to federal campaign finance filings, Family-PAC is funded in part by Richard Uihlein, CEO of packing material company Uline, investor Peter Huizenga, chairman of Huizenga Capital Management, and Bernard Bertsche, owner of hydraulics company Camcraft, based in Hanover Park.
Today, Oni Press got involved. Because they use Uline. Or rather, they did. In an open letter, they explain why they are stopping.
- Vulture.com Gets A Nice Big Plug In Spider-Man’s Free Comic Book Day - April 27, 2017
- Action Lab Announces Zombie Tramp, Vampblade And Dollface Crossover -The Danger Doll Squad - April 27, 2017
- Animal Jam Comic To Come With Free Stickers - April 27, 2017
- Fan Expo Buys Calgary Expo, To Add To Its Collection Of Comic Cons? (UPDATE: Nope) - April 27, 2017
- Secret Empire #2 Tops Advance Reorders - April 27, 2017