The second day of MoCCA Fest in New York this weekend was a little less breathlessly packed in terms of attendees than the first, but the exuberant atmosphere really did remain as well as some very serious indie comics hunting from all sides. The thing about indie comics is that it has its own language for “geeking out” that is quite different than mainstream comics. It’s often written all over people’s faces as they look at new and upcoming works immersed in unique visual styles and high production values. But at MoCCA Fest this year, the presence of the giant Charlie Brown float seemed to have worked a little bit toward more open expressions of geek delight and the sense of humor behind that was priceless.
We’re always aware that MoCCA Fest is about joining the party (I mean the word “fest” is in there), but the celebratory atmosphere was even more pronounced this time around. The smileyness was inescapable. Check out these photos of some of the excellent creators and their comics this year on the second day of the Fest:
Hannah Means-Shannon is EIC at Bleeding Cool and @hannahmenzies on Twitter
- Giant Robots, Ninja Turtles, Monster Motors And More – Talking With Nick Roche - October 26, 2015
- Processing The Troop: Behind The Page With Joshua Cassara - October 26, 2015
- What Bengal Wants: More Wolverine Covers & Work With Rick Remender - October 23, 2015
- A Story That Keeps You Coming Back For More – We Stand On Guard So Far (#1-4) - October 23, 2015
- ‘Let’s Start A System Where The Creators Get Most Of The Money’ – David Lloyd Talks ACES Weekly - October 23, 2015