Breaking news can come from pretty much anywhere in the comic book industry.
But with DC Comics it generally tends to be an official statement given to a media organisation, whether specific like CBR and Newsarama or general, like USA Today.
If not that, then a leak, such as the Five Years Later information we ran last year.
Or, my favourite, one part of the organisation saying it, when they weren’t meant to.
A Bleeding Cool reader with print subscriptions to DC Comics rang up to ask what would happen to his paid subscriptions to Batman: The Dark Knight, Nightwing, and Teen Titans, now that those comics were coming to a close.
He was told that Batman: The Dark Knight would transfer to Batman And Robin. No problem there.
He was also told that his Teen Titans subscription would transfer to New Teen Titans. Which, well we thought there was a new Teen Titans title coming, but not that it was called New Teen Titans. Well, we know now.
And as for his Nightwing subscription? That would transfer to a title called Grayson.
Which asks as many questions as it answers…
But maybe it might answer why Batgirl is talking in the past tense in the upcoming issue…
- Comics Creator Mark Campos Has Died, Aged 52 - January 20, 2018
- African American Superhero Comics ‘YouNeek’ Get UK/European Bookstore Distribution Deal - January 20, 2018
- A New Wolverine Comic From Marvel in April 2018… - January 19, 2018
- Martin Rowson to Adapt Karl Marx’s Communist Manifesto as a Graphic Novel, and More from SelfMadeHero in 2018 - January 19, 2018
- All 3 Marvel Comics Nominated for GLAAD Awards Have Been Cancelled - January 19, 2018