Breaking news can come from pretty much anywhere in the comic book industry.
But with DC Comics it generally tends to be an official statement given to a media organisation, whether specific like CBR and Newsarama or general, like USA Today.
If not that, then a leak, such as the Five Years Later information we ran last year.
Or, my favourite, one part of the organisation saying it, when they weren’t meant to.
A Bleeding Cool reader with print subscriptions to DC Comics rang up to ask what would happen to his paid subscriptions to Batman: The Dark Knight, Nightwing, and Teen Titans, now that those comics were coming to a close.
He was told that Batman: The Dark Knight would transfer to Batman And Robin. No problem there.
He was also told that his Teen Titans subscription would transfer to New Teen Titans. Which, well we thought there was a new Teen Titans title coming, but not that it was called New Teen Titans. Well, we know now.
And as for his Nightwing subscription? That would transfer to a title called Grayson.
Which asks as many questions as it answers…
But maybe it might answer why Batgirl is talking in the past tense in the upcoming issue…
- 31 Shots Of Cosplay From C2E2 Day 2 From Neon Leia To A Full Galactus - April 22, 2017
- Legacy Numbering, Classic And Modern Characters, Value Stamps And The Return Of FOOM To Marvel Comics – What Were Bleeding Cool Scoops? - April 22, 2017
- Ten Thoughts About Doctor Who: Smile – It’s A Good Thirteenth Life - April 22, 2017
- Talking Hydra, Marvel, Nazis, Captain America On A Saturday Morning - April 22, 2017
- Heavy Metal Have Their Own Dark Matter To Launch This Weekend At C2E2 – And You Can Drink It - April 22, 2017