Breaking news can come from pretty much anywhere in the comic book industry.
But with DC Comics it generally tends to be an official statement given to a media organisation, whether specific like CBR and Newsarama or general, like USA Today.
If not that, then a leak, such as the Five Years Later information we ran last year.
Or, my favourite, one part of the organisation saying it, when they weren’t meant to.
A Bleeding Cool reader with print subscriptions to DC Comics rang up to ask what would happen to his paid subscriptions to Batman: The Dark Knight, Nightwing, and Teen Titans, now that those comics were coming to a close.
He was told that Batman: The Dark Knight would transfer to Batman And Robin. No problem there.
He was also told that his Teen Titans subscription would transfer to New Teen Titans. Which, well we thought there was a new Teen Titans title coming, but not that it was called New Teen Titans. Well, we know now.
And as for his Nightwing subscription? That would transfer to a title called Grayson.
Which asks as many questions as it answers…
But maybe it might answer why Batgirl is talking in the past tense in the upcoming issue…
- Godshaper By Si Spurrier And Jonas Goonface – The Shape Of Comics To Come? - January 20, 2017
- Cullen Bunn Unleashes Another Monster, Regression With Danny Luckert For Image Comics - January 20, 2017
- Will Rosado Joins Catalyst Prime’s Free Comic Book Day - January 20, 2017
- Plague Of Locusts, Frogs Fall From Sky And Witchblade Returns As A TV Series Again - January 20, 2017
- Don’t Fear Kim Reaper…. Supernatural Romance Leads Oni Press’ Solicits For April 2017 - January 20, 2017