Tom Hardy and Steven Knight must have really, really loved working together on Locke, because not only is Hardy going to play a role in season 2 of Knight’s Peaky Blinders series, now they’re doing another TV project together.
Taboo is the name, and it’s a historical thriller, which also has Ridley Scott on board as an executive producer. Filming on the 8-episode series will begin in early 2015. Hardy’s a busy man, after all.
Here’s the official synopsis:
Set in 1813, TABOO follows James Keziah Delaney (Hardy), a rogue adventurer who returns from Africa with 14 ill-gotten diamonds to seek vengeance after the death of his father. Refusing to sell the family business to the East India Company, he sets out to build his own trade and shipping empire and finds himself playing a dangerous game with two warring nations, Britain and America.
And here’s what Knight had to say about Hardy’s character:
This man, James Delaney, is a deeply flawed and deeply troubled human being. His greatest struggle will be against the East India Company which, throughout the nineteenth century, was the equivalent of the CIA, the NSA and the biggest, baddest multi-national corporation on earth, all rolled into one self righteous, religiously motivated monolith.
- Fox Cancels Ancient Egypt Drama Hieroglyph Before It Even Airs - June 30, 2014
- David S. Goyer Developing Horror Novel Snowblind As Miniseries Adaptation - June 30, 2014
- Tom Hardy Joins Leonardo Dicaprio In The Revenant - June 30, 2014
- Bill Hader And Kristen Wiig Are The Skeleton Twins In First Trailer - June 30, 2014
- First Look At Henry Cavill As Clark Kent In Batman V Superman: Dawn Of Justice - June 30, 2014