David Silverman, director on The Simpsons Movie, many episodes of that show, and Monsters Inc., has found a rather surprising new gig. According to The Hollywood Reporter he’s the man set to adapt The Pink Panther into a new live action-CG hybrid movie.
There have been many Pink Panther movies before, but all were Inspector Clouseau adventures with the rosy puss relegated to, admittedly exceptional, title sequences. Pink did have his own TV series or two, and one of them mixed live action in for its nonsensical opening credits sequence. Here it is.
As a kid, I had a nightmare inspired by those that I still remember to this day.
Silverman may not be the only Simpsons alum on this job, with Michael Price negotiating a deal to write the screenplay. He was also a writer on Mrs. C’s beloved The PJs and lots of animated Star Wars, from the Lego shows to the shelved Detours.
I’m hoping The Pink Panther will maintain the other film’s heist or caper characteristics even while this is clearly a whole new direction. I’m just a sucker for the subgenre, I suppose.
- Images From Ridley Scott’s New Biblical Epic, Exodus, With Christian Bale And Sigourney Weaver - July 1, 2014
- James Cameron Goes To The Bottom Of The Ocean In Trailer For Deepsea Challenge 3D - July 1, 2014
- London Getting The Guardians Of The Galaxy IMAX Preview Next Tuesday - July 1, 2014
- Footage From Studio Ghibli’s New Feature, When Marnie Was There - July 1, 2014
- Where The Avengers: Age Of Ultron Leaves The Hulk For Future Movies - July 1, 2014