Mark Gatiss has written for all of the Nu Who era Doctors, now including Peter Capaldi. According to The Radio Times, Gatiss shared the news on a Sherlock press trip to Brazil.
What will the episodes be about? No news as yet. Last year he delivered Cold War, which didn’t appeal to me at all, and The Crimson Horror, which was one of my favourites of the season and is, so far at least, my favourite thing to come from Gatiss’ pen and into any medium.
One has to imagine that bookmakers would give Gatiss the best odds to take over from Steven Moffat as showrunner when – and surely it must be a matter of when, and not if – the situation comes around.
Other episodes for the so-called season eight are being written by Phil Ford, Steve Thompson and Moffat. This won’t cover it, so we’re bound to hear more about other writers soon enough.
- Images From Ridley Scott’s New Biblical Epic, Exodus, With Christian Bale And Sigourney Weaver - July 1, 2014
- James Cameron Goes To The Bottom Of The Ocean In Trailer For Deepsea Challenge 3D - July 1, 2014
- London Getting The Guardians Of The Galaxy IMAX Preview Next Tuesday - July 1, 2014
- Footage From Studio Ghibli’s New Feature, When Marnie Was There - July 1, 2014
- Where The Avengers: Age Of Ultron Leaves The Hulk For Future Movies - July 1, 2014