One tells me,
“I was following the pricing on the Planetary Omnibus for a couple of weeks and it hovered around the £4o mark for weeks, then suddenly went to £55 and has stayed there. All the new omnibuses like JLA, Doom Patrol, JSA etc are all being offered at full price only, as are most of the new Marvel ones.”
And it does indeed seem to be the case across the board on new and upcoming products. The online seller has built it business on such discounts and in the past I’ve pointed out that, taking into consideration postage and handling, they will make a loss on some of the heavier high-end books they sell.
Well, not so much anymore it seems. Not now, anyway.
This may be good news for the bricks’n’mortar bookstores and comic stores now that this mighty competitor doesn’t want to compete anymore.
- The Small Town Barbeque Vampires Of “Redneck” By Donny Cates, Lisandro Estherren And Dee Cunniffe From Image/Skybound In April - January 23, 2017
- Topps To Publish A Trump-Based Garbage Pail Kids Comic – Donald Dump! - January 23, 2017
- What Will Happen To Task Force X After Justice League Vs Suicide Squad? Just Ask Grant Morrison (SPOILERS) - January 23, 2017
- Speculator Corner: Star Wars #49 – The Last Jedi – From Marvel Comics - January 23, 2017
- Scott Lobdell Writes Aspen’s Crossover Series, No World, Debuting In April 2017 - January 23, 2017