AMC is really sticking to its airport theme in marketing the seventh and final season of Mad Men. The very first promo featured Don Draper (Jon Hamm) getting off a plane, very literally on a journey, and now, this video expands upon the very same locale, adding in all the other characters.
It’s all very mysterious and dramatic and very, very fashionable, but these videos are more like a symbolic tease of the show’s tone for the upcoming season, rather than any hint at specific plot points.
Showrunner Matt Weiner tells THR:
I don’t want to disappoint any attempts to read into any meaning for the show, but we pick a milieu for the publicity photography every year where we can lean on the good looks of the cast and place them in an environment that puts people in the mood for the show.
- Fox Cancels Ancient Egypt Drama Hieroglyph Before It Even Airs - June 30, 2014
- David S. Goyer Developing Horror Novel Snowblind As Miniseries Adaptation - June 30, 2014
- Tom Hardy Joins Leonardo Dicaprio In The Revenant - June 30, 2014
- Bill Hader And Kristen Wiig Are The Skeleton Twins In First Trailer - June 30, 2014
- First Look At Henry Cavill As Clark Kent In Batman V Superman: Dawn Of Justice - June 30, 2014