Some folk aren’t to happy about that and took to tumblr to make their point.
Sometimes its hard to not get a bit annoyed with you guys when you take an already cancelled book like Superior Foes that fans have been supportive of and raise the price and change writer for at least 1 of the remaining 5 issues. Is there no way you can see how this might be seem as disrespectful to the readers.
But that’s okay, when you have Marvel’s Tom Brevoort to put you straight and lay down the lay of the land.
Damned if you do, damned if you don’t.
First off, your information is incorrect. There aren’t 5 issues remaining of SUPERIOR FOES OF SPIDER-MAN.
But we hear time and time again from fans complaining that the books are taking too long to come out, and that we shouldn’t wait for the creators and so forth—that you want it now more than you want it by those guys. Not every reader, mind you, but plenty of them.
So in this instance the editor had a fill-in issue done. As has been proselytized for by the fans, at least some of them.
It’s hardly disrespectful to the readers. if anything, it’s an attempt to be the opposite.
The cover price is the cover price, it costs what it costs, especially at the numbers it’s circulating at. If you want those remaining 5 issues and beyond, that’s the trade-off. Again, not disrespectful, simply the cost of doing business.
Superior Foes Of Spider-Man #11 is out tomorrow. With the regular creative team…
- DC Comics April 2018 Catalog – Solicits From Action Comics #1000 to Splitting Batman In Two… - January 22, 2018
- DC Comics Cancels Trinity With #22 in April 2018 - January 22, 2018
- Will Marvel’s New Young Guns Move the Needle? - January 22, 2018
- 20 Previews of Free Comic Book Day 2018 Titles, from Barrier to Relay to 2000AD Reneged - January 22, 2018
- Frankensteining Marvel Comics Solicits for April 2018 - January 22, 2018