Some folk aren’t to happy about that and took to tumblr to make their point.
Sometimes its hard to not get a bit annoyed with you guys when you take an already cancelled book like Superior Foes that fans have been supportive of and raise the price and change writer for at least 1 of the remaining 5 issues. Is there no way you can see how this might be seem as disrespectful to the readers.
But that’s okay, when you have Marvel’s Tom Brevoort to put you straight and lay down the lay of the land.
Damned if you do, damned if you don’t.
First off, your information is incorrect. There aren’t 5 issues remaining of SUPERIOR FOES OF SPIDER-MAN.
But we hear time and time again from fans complaining that the books are taking too long to come out, and that we shouldn’t wait for the creators and so forth—that you want it now more than you want it by those guys. Not every reader, mind you, but plenty of them.
So in this instance the editor had a fill-in issue done. As has been proselytized for by the fans, at least some of them.
It’s hardly disrespectful to the readers. if anything, it’s an attempt to be the opposite.
The cover price is the cover price, it costs what it costs, especially at the numbers it’s circulating at. If you want those remaining 5 issues and beyond, that’s the trade-off. Again, not disrespectful, simply the cost of doing business.
Superior Foes Of Spider-Man #11 is out tomorrow. With the regular creative team…
- Hellboy Celebrates 25 Years of San Diego Comic-Cons - July 16, 2018
- Valiant Fans Express Financial Worries Over Chinese Owners DMG Entertainment - July 16, 2018
- Duncan Jones’s Comic Book Movie Confirmed: Rogue Trooper of 2000AD - July 16, 2018
- Amazon Prime Day Hits the UK – Here Are Some Deals to Keep Your Eye On - July 16, 2018
- Amazon Prime Day Launches Transformers’ Nemesis Prime - July 16, 2018