As a footnote to some gossip about her personal life, The NY Daily News have lodged a claim that Halle Berry has been almost entirely cut from the new X-Men picture, Days of Future Past.
Her pregnancy did apparently impact on the scenes that were shot, but post production has allegedly seen even more trimmed away. Here’s how the paper’s story sells it:
Berry, who plays Storm, was cut out of every scene but one in post-production…“She only has one line in the whole movie,” our source says. “They’re not telling her until the movie comes out.”
And so the NY Daily News saw fit to publish this, adding:
(They can thank us later.)
I wonder if they also wrapped a print out of this story round a brick and threw it through her car windscreen as she was driving along?
If it is true, this is the second “original X-Man” to get clipped way down in the edits. Bryan Singer has previously admitted that Rogue has been snipped away – though he did later enigmatically note that while her only scene has been axed, it doesn’t mean we won’t see the character in the film at all. I’m guessing she’ll show up on a Wanted poster or something similar.
X-Men: Days of Future Past is obviously going to be a pretty busy film and has a lot of moving parts. Things were always going to get brutal in post as Singer adjusted the mechanism.
Still, if it’s all for the good of the film, a few bruised egos would be a tiny price to pay.
UPDATE: SuperHero Hype have added a denial to their take on the story. They’re saying Storm has some cool stuff to do in the film.
- Images From Ridley Scott’s New Biblical Epic, Exodus, With Christian Bale And Sigourney Weaver - July 1, 2014
- James Cameron Goes To The Bottom Of The Ocean In Trailer For Deepsea Challenge 3D - July 1, 2014
- London Getting The Guardians Of The Galaxy IMAX Preview Next Tuesday - July 1, 2014
- Footage From Studio Ghibli’s New Feature, When Marnie Was There - July 1, 2014
- Where The Avengers: Age Of Ultron Leaves The Hulk For Future Movies - July 1, 2014