Kind of unexpectedly cool news and an addition to an already pretty cool cast. THR reports the always delightful J.K. Simmons has joined the cast of Alan Taylor’s reboot Terminator: Genesis.
Emilia Clarke is on board as Sarah Connor, the future mother of human resistance leader John Connor (played by Jason Clarke, no relation), while her baby daddy Kyle Reese will be played by Jai Courtney.
The ambitious reboot seems like it’ll try to weave several storylines and timelines together (more on that right here if you want to confuse yourself for a bit), and it even has a TV series component which will premiere after the film’s summer 2015 release.
Simmons is lining up the role of “a weary and alcoholic detective who has followed a bizarre case involving Sarah Connor and robots for more than three decades” beginning in 1984, which is of course a pretty significant date in Terminator history. Sounds like the kind of role that could cross-over to the TV series to keep the two in continuity, no?
- Fox Cancels Ancient Egypt Drama Hieroglyph Before It Even Airs - June 30, 2014
- David S. Goyer Developing Horror Novel Snowblind As Miniseries Adaptation - June 30, 2014
- Tom Hardy Joins Leonardo Dicaprio In The Revenant - June 30, 2014
- Bill Hader And Kristen Wiig Are The Skeleton Twins In First Trailer - June 30, 2014
- First Look At Henry Cavill As Clark Kent In Batman V Superman: Dawn Of Justice - June 30, 2014