Following up on Turbo FAST, which eschewed the CG-modelled look of the Turbo feature for Titmouse’s hand-illustrated stylings, Dreamworks are planning three more original series for Netflix.
Two of them will spin-off of their movies, with Puss in Boots getting a series, presumably in lieu of his missing-in-development second movie, and another show going to King Julien, the Lemur from Madagascar. The one who likes to move it, move it.
He likes to move it.
The third series will be more Veggie Tales, the series recently acquired by Dreamworks as part of their IP-gathering mass buy-up. They describe the show’s messages as “faith based.”
First out of the gate, though, will be more Turbo FAST on April 4th. The others will all follow later this year. It’s not yet known whether they’ll adopt the FAST hand-drawn look, go full CG or what, but for some clue as to what Veggie Tales might look like, here’s a recent short posted to the official YouTube channel.
- Images From Ridley Scott’s New Biblical Epic, Exodus, With Christian Bale And Sigourney Weaver - July 1, 2014
- James Cameron Goes To The Bottom Of The Ocean In Trailer For Deepsea Challenge 3D - July 1, 2014
- London Getting The Guardians Of The Galaxy IMAX Preview Next Tuesday - July 1, 2014
- Footage From Studio Ghibli’s New Feature, When Marnie Was There - July 1, 2014
- Where The Avengers: Age Of Ultron Leaves The Hulk For Future Movies - July 1, 2014